New Body Who Dis?
One of the most common resolutions for the New Year is a variation on being fit and healthy- whether that means joining a gym, working out at home, eating out less or cutting out whole food groups and I'm here to help. No I'm not gonna smack that cupcake out your mouth, I won't help you meal plan and I will NOT be your accountability partner in the gym- but I can help you figure out what to take to the gym when you go.
What's in a Gym Bag
- Headphones- I work out in the morning with a crowd of overly friendly, bad advice giving older men and quickly learned headphones work whether you are listening to music or not lol
- Water bottle- A reusable necessity
- Shower shoes- I don't think I have to tell you about how filthy, germy and bacteria laden gym showers are. I took a shower in my flats once and dried them off with a hair dryer afterwards because I forgot mine lol
- Wet wipes- I always take a shower, but there may be times when you can't and these will come in handy
- Deodorant- No one wants to smell your spicy underarms after a long day at the gym!
- Travel toiletries- No matter if you round up all of those free hotel toiletries you took, decant your own or purchase travel sized options from Bath and Bodyworks, soap/bodywash and lotion are must haves.
- Hair products and accessories- Headbands, bobby pins, flat irons, comb and brush, gel and weave-whatever you need to make sure your 'do is not busted when you leave!
- Mouthwash and body spray- Swish it around a few times to avoid stale gym mouth syndrome. I made that up, but I feel like it's real! And use either a body spray or roll on perfume to help freshen up after your shower
- Makeup bag- Include things like mascara, chapstick, q-tips, razors, hand sanitizer, tampons and face wipes, contact solution and wipes for your glasses
- Snacks- Granola bars, cheese sticks, oranges or grapefruit or even a packet of tuna and crackers can keep you from blowing all your hard work (and money) on some quick and easy fast food items
Now, you may not need all of these things so use this list as it applies to you, but I believe I covered all of the basics and a few luxurious extras. What's in your gym bag? Let me know if I missed anything in the comments.