It is officially the start of wedding season! Either you are in it or attending as a guest, either way, it's another outfit you have to shop for right? Some of you may have had your outfit picked out for weeks while some of you may have been looking but is having a hard time trying to find that "perfect dress" and then there are those of you who haven't even started to look because you hate dresses: these tips are for you.
1. Keep an open mind. It can be hard finding a stylish dress to wear to a wedding, which is why you need to broaden your search and think about wearing a fashionable suit, a patterned skirt set, jewel toned trousers, jumpsuits in silky materials- even shorts! The possibilities are endless if you aren't afraid of going against the grain.
2. Let the invitation guide you. Is it on super nice paper written in a fancy cursive script? Keep your look upscale, fabrics should be special and jewelry can stand out. Is the wedding on a boat or some tropical destination? It's OK to wear "dressy" shorts in a bright pattern- just avoid spindly stilettos in the sand and opt for wedges, block heels or platforms instead. If it is in a religious setting , cover your arms and don't show too much skin!
3. Go for interesting cuts, colors and silhouettes. This is what makes a black skirt with a ruffle train more exciting than a plain black pencil skirt, or a pair of silk floral trousers cinched at the waist with a satin black blazer cause more drama than a jacket and pant combo more suited for work. Play around with monochrome looks, embellished fabrics and exaggerated silhouettes because it's fun and weddings are supposed to be fun lol!
4. Still there are rules.. Don't wear white; it's just rude and unnecessary, also avoid doing too much: short, tight and bright? Pick one struggle and roll with it... If you choose to wear a crop top, pair it with a high waist pant, trouser or skirt- nobody wants to see your whole belly, and on the same note- watch how deep your neckline plunges in that blouse and avoid anything see through!
5. Don't spend a fortune. You will probably go to many events this summer and should not have to buy a new outfit every time- learn how to work your closet (or hire me and I'll teach you) and remix outfits using different accessories and shoes. Sometimes you just need an outfit completer like maybe a new pair of shoes, a necklace or blazer that can be worn with additional pieces in your closet or some other small inexpensive accessory. If you do find the need to buy something new, now is the perfect time to thrift! You never know- you could find the flyest outfit for less and spend the money you saved on the perfect gift for your friend. Memorable outfit and gift? Sounds like the perfect wedding guest to me!
7/5/2016 07:06:20 pm
Yes! Love these looks!!
7/5/2016 07:32:21 pm
Thank you for your comment Markeeta! A lady has to have options!
Leave a Reply.
About the Blog
The main goal of this blog is to connect my readers to everything dope, fresh and stylish- All the Fly Things.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies