*This post contains affiliate links
It seems like the weather might finally cooperate and let us be great by looking and feeling like spring/summer and I am so here for it! The kids are getting out of school for summer break and it is officially about to be vacay season, so you know what that means right? Swimsuit time! Whether you are an avid swimmer, or just prefer to lounge poolside while looking cute- I have a style for you!
Swimsuits for Everybody!
I don't care what size or shape you are, you deserve to look like a snack while rockin a bathing suit just like everyone else! We all have our insecurities- skinny legs, arms too big, small butt, no tits, but unless you plan on wearing a t-shirt and shorts to swim in- you have to have something right? So keep it cute and mute those insecurities while looking at the swimsuits I picked out below. Once you get one (or two) then check out 15 easy ways to keep that swimming suit looking fresh for a few seasons...
How to Make Your Swim Suit Last Foreva
1. Soak in vinegar for about 30 minutes and rinse in cold water before wearing to keep colors from bleeding and running.
2. Wash after each wear- this is important ladies! Wash your suit after each use, whether you get in the water or not to rinse away body oils, lotion and sunscreen.
3. Hand wash in cold water using a gentle hand soap in a sink or tub because a washing machine is too harsh for the spandex.
4. Dry your suit flat and on a towel, do not hang to dry or it will lose its shape.
5. Sunbathe in a dry suit and then swim, or swim first and then change suits- don't sit around in a wet suit (for hygiene reasons and to protect the integrity of your suit).
6. Save the hot tub action for a cheapie suit because the hot water will ruin the fibers of your favorite for sure.
7. Rotate suits because both spandex and Lycra (most suits are made of these materials) need a day to snap back into shape.
8. Sit on a towel and avoid rough surfaces like concrete and lounge chairs. A sarong works too...
9. If you are a serious swimmer or will be visit the pool a lot- splurge and get two or three suits to rotate.
10. If you won't be getting into the pool often then invest in one good suit that will last a full season.
11. Wet your suit before going into the pool so it will be less absorbent in salt or chlorine water
12. Sprinkle stains and spots with cornstarch to lift oils and lotions and let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing.
13. Rinse your swimsuit immediately after getting out of the water and squeeze the water out.
14. Traveling? Put your wet suit in a plastic bag and wrap with a towel to soak up excess moisture
15. Take lots of poolside selfies for the culture (and for Instagram haha)!
And don't let your locs, braids, protective style or natural hair get saturated with chlorine which can be really drying and damaging to hair of any type, instead purchase a swim cap and make sure you fully read the directions in order to get the best use out of it. Sometimes the perimeter and edges of your hair will be damp if you submerge your head in water, but hair should not be soaking wet with either of these options. Read the reviews before making a purchase!
Got travel plans this summer? Let me help you save time and energy by packing efficiently so you never have an overstuffed suitcase full of nothing to wear! Check out this post and hit me up when you are ready...
About the Blog
The main goal of this blog is to connect my readers to everything dope, fresh and stylish- All the Fly Things.
All ALL THE FLY QUESTIONS BLACK FASHION CREATIVES CELEB FASHION&STYLE FASHION FASHION HISTORY FASHION LISTS FASHION MOVIES FASHION NEWS FASHION SHOWS FASHION&STYLE INTERVIEWS FASHION TIPS FLYGIRL CHRONICLES! HAIR&BEAUTY HOW TO WEAR LEGENDS LOCAL NEWS MENSWEAR PERSONAL STYLE Pop Culture SHOPPING TIPS SHOP THIS LOOK SPONSORED POSTS The House Of Fly Model Portal
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies