Before we do that like me give you a few quick tips- don't purchase all new everything- you want to stick to what you already know works! It's ok to buy some new items but make sure you give them a thorough test run to be sure that they will work for you cause maybe that maxi dress has annoying straps that won't stay up, or you didn't realize how thin that shirt was and you know that you will be a hot sweat stained mess by the time you walk from point A to B, and don't even get me started on shoes! Make sure you are ROLLING, not folding your clothes so you take up less space, you can put your shoes into plastic bags and lay them flat so they won't get your clothes dirty and most importantly- wear your bulky items to travel in. So wear your t-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes and throw on your denim jacket or blazer. Now on to the real tips:
- Tops: Bring four tops with you, a tank top, a t-shirt, a blouse and a fun trendy shirt. Stick to neutrals and solid colors so you can mix and match and re-wear if you need to. Don't bring too many prints or patterns or graphic tees because they are harder to disguise, avoid too many light colors because they show dirt and stains easier than dark colors. You can't go wrong with black, white or denim tops and florals, stripes and dots can easily be paired with different items
- Bottoms: All you need are *three bottoms- a skirt, a pair of jean shorts or capris, and a pair black leggings. Make sure your bottoms can each go with at least four of your five tops *not including the jeans you will travel in*
- Dresses: Bring two dresses with you, a day dress that you can walk, shop, go to the beach in and then a nicer, fancy or flashier dress to go out dancing, clubbing or to dinner in. Don't forget your skirt can be used for that same purpose!
- Coverups: Hot days can easily turn into cold nights depending on where you are staying so be prepared with the jean jacket (that you traveled with) and a kimono, large scarf, or pashmina that can double as a swim cover up
- Shoes: Wear your bulky tennis shoes, bring a pair of black flats or sandals, a pair of metallic flats or sandals and a metallic or black pair of heels. Gold, silver, copper, bronze and black go with everything and if you need color then add a brightly colored or printed flat shoe that will still go with everything. These should fit in your bag with no problem!
- Extras: Obviously don't forget your underwear, socks, work out clothes pajamas and bathing suit! All these items are small enough and can be rolled into clothes to take up less space. I would advise you to keep jewelry to a minimum and wear most of the pieces you want as a part of your travel outfit: gold hoops, faux diamond studs, one cocktail ring, gold or silver chain/pendant and a few bangles. Again stick with metallics to make it easier on yourself. Wear a crossbody bag for hands free traveling and bring a clutch that can do double duty as a makeup bag... Um ladies, speaking of makeup- if you are going on vacay leave your face at home lol! At least some of it- bring the basics- foundation, waterproof mascara, liner, ONE eye shadow palette and a gloss or lip balm. Full on contouring and strobing and highlighting on vacation?! Ain't nobody got time for that lol! As far as lotions, body washes, perfumes and things like that, make sure you decant them or better yet- do some shopping while at your destination and make us all jealous of the beauty products you purchased while away. Put those items in plastic bags and bring a few extra bags for dirty and/or wet clothes.