On Friday, December 16th, I attended the 21st Annual Toys for Tots Celebrity Fashion Show and Fundraiser. Presented by Councilman Zack Reed and the Marine Corps at the Westin hotel in beautiful downtown Cleveland, the fundraiser is a yearly event that collects toys and money for underprivileged children in Northeast Ohio while highlighting local celebrities, designers and boutique owners.
Sponsored by the U.S. Marines, Toys for Tots has been around since the 1940's, but two decades ago Councilman Zack Reed and three of his friends decided to form a fundraiser event around the charity. They added the fashion portion with the help of Brandy Bright of Brandy Bright Media about five years ago and recently included professional ballroom dancer Tony Gray, and professional line dancer Robert Johnson who brought their dance groups in to entertain while the celebrity models got ready for the show.
The fashion show was emceed by LeeAnn Sommers of the morning show "Brian and LeeAnn" on 99.5 WGAR, and featured the familiar faces of Clevelanders like Fox 8's Melissa Reid and Carrie Young, Sports Time Ohio host Ashley Collins, Hotcards owner John Gadd, Channel 19's Mark Nolan and Harry Boomer, TV20's Leah Haslage, pro golfer Jimmy Hanlin, the Cavalier Girls and members of the Cleveland Indians and Browns teams. Participating designers and boutiques included Diane Linston, Anton Zbarzh, Jevon Terance, Tre Sorelle Boutique, Sugar Loves Spice, Sweet Caroline Boutique, Clozer Clothing Company and Sophia Boutique all showing select pieces from their collections.
It was so cool seeing the personalities of people you see everyday on television and around the city. They got up on that runway with their families and friends and had a good time walking, dancing and dabbing for a great cause. I thoroughly enjoyed myself!
For the Squad
Admit it, your girl crew is bossy AF and you want to give gifts that reflect that right? I have something for every lady in your squad- the model, the hostest, the chef, the makeup junkie, the school teacher, the hair stylist, the fashionista and the tech lover, and of course some you just may want for your self!
*This post contains Amazon affiliate links, meaning if you click on any of the links and make a purchase I will get a small commission.
1. Hello Foil Wine Glasses // $24.99- When the girl's night in includes wine and snacks.
2. Photo display // $20.69- Print out your Instagram #squadgoal selfies and include them inside.
3. Queens // $16.99- The perfect coffee table book for your bestie that owns a hair salon.
4. Walking with the Muses // $16.45- Your model friend will love reading supermodel Pat Cleveland's memoir!
5. Glam USB flashdrive // $49.99- Your fabulous techie friend will thank you for this super fabulous USB!
6. Colorful knife set and sharpner// $49.99- A great kitchen addition for the chef in your crew.
7. Makeup Organizer and Mirror // $27.95- The makeup queen of theposse will love this!
8. Moto jacket // $70.00- Sexy, stylish and affordable, and she might let you borrow it!
9. The Battle of Versailles // $19.03- Your friend who lives for historical moments in fashion will loove this book.
10. Teacher Life: A Snarky Chalkboard Coloring Book // $8.99- A coloring book for your school teacher friend. She needs it, trust me.
What are you getting your girls for the holidays? What are you hoping your squad will get you?
About the Blog
The main goal of this blog is to connect my readers to everything dope, fresh and stylish- All the Fly Things.
All ALL THE FLY QUESTIONS BLACK FASHION CREATIVES CELEB FASHION&STYLE FASHION FASHION HISTORY FASHION LISTS FASHION MOVIES FASHION NEWS FASHION SHOWS FASHION&STYLE INTERVIEWS FASHION TIPS FLYGIRL CHRONICLES! HAIR&BEAUTY HOW TO WEAR LEGENDS LOCAL NEWS MENSWEAR PERSONAL STYLE Pop Culture SHOPPING TIPS SHOP THIS LOOK SPONSORED POSTS The House Of Fly Model Portal
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies